Free Tax Preparation Available at Long Beach City College
The Long Beach Community College District is hosting free Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Clinics (VITA) to prepare and electronically file federal and state income tax returns for those who made under $54,000 in 2018. The clinics are taking place now until April 6.
The hours of operation are Mondays and Wednesdays from 4 p.m. – 8 p.m., and Saturdays from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. in room M-117 of the M Building on Long Beach City College’s Liberal Arts Campus, 4901 E. Carson St., Long Beach, 90808.
For those who want to take advantage of this free service, you must bring the following:
· Proof of identification. Married spouses must attend together.
· Social security cards or individual taxpayer identification cards or notices for all listed on the return
· All W-2, 1099 and 1098 forms
· Deduction and credit information
· Total daycare payments and provider’s tax ID
· Forms 1095-A, 1095-B, or 1095-C when applicable
· Last year’s tax return
· Direct deposit information
No appointments are necessary.
The taxes will be prepared by LBCC Business Administration faculty and student volunteers who are certified through the Internal Revenue Service.
Parking at Long Beach City College is available for the public in all student parking lots for $2. For more information, please contact Tanya Weinheimer at LBCC.email@example.com.
You must be logged in to post a comment.