By the Numbers (Long Beach only):
- 12,129 total positive results
- 126 new cases since Thursday
- Seven-day positivity rate: 3.4%
- 6.9 daily new cases per 100K population
- 248 fatalities (Please note that one fatality has been reassigned to another jurisdiction after a more recent address for the decedent was received)
- 47 people hospitalized
- Approximately 11,337 recovered (Please note that, for low-risk patients recovering at home, recovery data is self-reported)
- 225,174 total tests conducted
- Information as of October 3
State Indicators (Updated on Tuesdays):
- Current LA County Tier: Purple Tier (Widespread)
- Seven-day positivity rate: 2.9%
- 7.3 daily new cases per 100K population
Details Regarding Fatalities:
- 155 are associated with long-term care facilities (LTCF)
- 2 were in their 20s
- 6 were in their 40s
- 23 were in their 50s
- 58 were in their 60s
- 58 were in their 70s
- 67 were in their 80s
- 34 were over 90
- 103 female, 145 male
- 247 individuals had underlying health conditions
- Please note that one fatality has been reassigned to another jurisdiction after a more recent address for the decedent was received. The correct number of fatalities in Long Beach is 248.
- The Long Beach Department of Health and Human Services is offering access to flu vaccinations. 492 people received flu vaccinations at Veterans’ Stadium on Oct. 1 and 232 people received flu vaccinations at Cabrillo High School on Oct. 3.
- The Long Beach Department of Health and Human Services issued an updated Health Order allowing for further reopening of some industries and services in accordance with protocols to control the spread of COVID-19. The changes, effective at 12:01 a.m. today, October 5, are in alignment with the State and County of Los Angeles purple tier health guidelines.
Long-Term Care Facility Case Information:
- A total of1,477 positive cases have been confirmed at LTCFs in the city since the start of the pandemic (see attachment).
Tracking the Curve:
- For the most up-to-date information, visit longbeach.gov/COVID19data (see attachment for today’s snapshot).