By the Numbers (Long Beach only):
- 17,550 total positive results
- 148 new cases since yesterday
- Seven-day positivity rate: 6.8%
- 36.7 seven-day case rate per 100K population
- 282 fatalities
- 83 Long Beach residents hospitalized with COVID-19
- 140 total COVID-19 hospitalizations in area hospitals (Long Beach Memorial Hospital, St. Mary Medical Center, College Medical Center, Lakewood Regional Medical Center and Los Alamitos Medical Center)
- Approximately 15,027 recovered (Please note that, for low-risk patients recovering at home, recovery data is self-reported)
- 358,451 total tests conducted
- Information as of Dec. 3
State Indicators (Updated on 12/1/20):
- Current LA County Tier: Purple Tier (Widespread)
- Seven-day positivity rate: 7.0%
- 20.2 daily new cases per 100K population
- Testing positivity in lowest-resourced areas (health equity metric): N/A
Details Regarding Fatalities:
- 160 are associated with long-term care facilities (LTCF)
- 2 were in their 20s
- 1 were in their 30s
- 8 were in their 40s
- 25 were in their 50s
- 64 were in their 60s
- 66 were in their 70s
- 79 were in their 80s
- 37 were over 90
- 121 female, 161 male
- 3 individuals had no known underlying health conditions
- An additional Long Beach jail staff employee has tested positive for COVID-19. The inmates, none of whom have yet tested positive, have been transferred out in order to clean and disinfect the facility. The Health Department and Long Beach Police Department are working together to identify any inmates that may have been exposed, and jail staff are undergoing testing. The outbreak investigation is ongoing. No additional information is available at this time.
- Long Beach conducted a record number of COVID-19 tests yesterday, Dec. 3, when it administered more than 3,000 tests at City-run sites.
- The City of Long Beach and The Nonprofit Partnership are administering grants for licensed early child care providers to purchase supplies needed to meet State and Los Angeles County COVID-19 protocols. Grants range from $500 to $10,000, and are open to both home- and center-based providers impacted by COVID-19.
Long-Term Care Facility Case Information:
- A total of1,608 positive cases have been confirmed at LTCFs in the city since the start of the pandemic (see attachment).
Tracking the Curve:
- For the most up-to-date information, visit longbeach.gov/COVID19data (see attachment for today’s snapshot).