By the Numbers (Long Beach only):
- 9,736 total positive results
- Seven-day positivity rate (updated M/W/F): 9.0%
- 190 fatalities
- 80 people hospitalized
- Approximately 8,481 recovered (Please note that, for low-risk patients recovering at home, recovery data is self-reported)
- 166,905 tests conducted
- Information as of August 15
Details Regarding Fatalities:
- 127 are associated with long-term care facilities (LTCF)
- 2 were in their 20s
- 4 were in their 40s
- 15 were in their 50s
- 43 were in their 60s
- 44 were in their 70s
- 55 were in their 80s
- 27 were over 90
- 84 female, 106 male
- All individuals had underlying health conditions
- A Police Department employee assigned to the Support Bureau has tested positive for COVID-19. The employee, who is not a Long Beach resident, was last at work on August 9. They are now isolating at home.
- With high temperatures expected to continue, cooling centers will remain open through Wednesday, August 19. COVID-19 safety protocols will be in effect at each of the locations.
Long-Term Care Facility Case Information:
- A total of 1,295 positive cases have been confirmed at LTCFs in the city since the start of the pandemic (see attachment).
Tracking the Curve:
- For the most up-to-date information, visit longbeach.gov/COVID19data (see attachment for today’s snapshot).