By the Numbers (Long Beach only):
- 10,016 total positive results
- 86 new cases since yesterday
- Seven-day positivity rate (updated M/W/F): 7.8%
- 201 fatalities
- 74 people hospitalized
- Approximately 8,895 recovered (Please note that, for low-risk patients recovering at home, recovery data is self-reported)
- 173,623 total tests conducted
- Information as of August 20
Details Regarding Fatalities:
- 133 are associated with long-term care facilities (LTCF)
- 2 were in their 20s
- 4 were in their 40s
- 17 were in their 50s
- 47 were in their 60s
- 46 were in their 70s
- 55 were in their 80s
- 30 were over 90
- 88 female, 113 male
- All individuals had underlying health conditions
- Effective immediately, the City is extending the waiver of penalties related to payment of certain City fees to help relieve the financial strain on local businesses impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Long Beach has provided tips for avoiding small business grant scams after learning that entities not affiliated with the City have made attempts to scam businesses seeking grants for relief from the COVID-19 pandemic as well as the civil unrest that took place on May 31, 2020.
- The City has partnered with the Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk to place 16 Vote By Mail drop box locations in Long Beach for the Presidential General Election.
- The City yesterday announced tentative labor agreements with five of the City’s bargaining units. Each labor group voted overwhelmingly to ratify the tentative agreements.
Long-Term Care Facility Case Information:
- A total of 1,348 positive cases have been confirmed at LTCFs in the city since the start of the pandemic (see attachment).
Tracking the Curve:
- For the most up-to-date information, visit longbeach.gov/COVID19data (see attachment for today’s snapshot).