COVID-19 City Update: 11.02
By the Numbers (Long Beach only):
- 13,364 total positive results
- 134 new cases since Friday
- Seven-day positivity rate: 3.4%
- 7.8 daily new cases per 100K population
- 259 fatalities
- 45 people hospitalized
- Approximately 12,569 recovered (Please note that, for low-risk patients recovering at home, recovery data is self-reported)
- 266,037 total tests conducted
- Information as of October 31
State Indicators (Updated on Tuesdays):
- Current LA County Tier: Purple Tier (Widespread)
- Seven-day positivity rate: 3.7%
- 8.0 daily new cases per 100K population
- Testing positivity in lowest-resourced areas (health equity metric): 6.2%
Details Regarding Fatalities:
- 156 are associated with long-term care facilities (LTCF)
- 2 were in their 20s
- 6 were in their 40s
- 23 were in their 50s
- 60 were in their 60s
- 62 were in their 70s
- 72 were in their 80s
- 34 were over 90
- 107 female, 152 male
- 258 individuals had underlying health conditions
- The City reminds registered voters about options for safely casting ballots in person at more than 30 vote centers throughout Long Beach for the 2020 General Election. For more information on vote center and mail-in ballots, visit longbeach.gov/elections.
- The registration process has now begun for property owners who may be interested in legally operating their residence as a hosted short-term rental (STR) in Long Beach.
Long-Term Care Facility Case Information:
- A total of1,483 positive cases have been confirmed at LTCFs in the city since the start of the pandemic (see attachment).
Tracking the Curve:
- For the most up-to-date information, visit longbeach.gov/COVID19data (see attachment for today’s snapshot).