Long Beach Mayor Robert Garcia announced Thursday that he will be asking the members of City Council for a $15,000 reward for information leading to the arrest of the people responsible for the October 29 shooting that left three killed and nine injured.
Los Angeles County Supervisor, Janice Hahn is asking the Board of Supervisors for a $15,000 compensation, both Mayor Gracia and Supervisor Hahn will be combining their rewards for a total of $30,000 in exchange to find the assailants responsible.
Hahn said, “I hope that this reward brings forward information to bring those responsible to justice.”
According to Mayor Garcia, the money from his request for the reward will come out of the Fiscal Year 2019 budget. “This recommendation requests for authorization for a $15,000 reward payment for information to solve the murders of Maurice Poe, Jr, Melvin Williams II, and Ricardo Torres. Funds will come from any FY 19 or FY 20 General Fund Group.”
Homicide detectives so far believe there was one male suspect, described wearing dark-colored clothes with his face covered and believed to have fled in a dark-colored vehicle right after the shooting. Witnesses said a man in a mask jumped onto the back fence and shot into the backyard while another masked man stood behind the fence.
Long Beach Police Department is asking the public to contact Homicide Detail Detectives Mark Mattia or Donald Collier at (562) 570-7244 for any information in regards to this ongoing investigation.
Mayor Garcia used Twitter to thank Supervisor Hahn for the request of the $15,000 compensation, “I want to thank @SupJaniceHahn for bringing this reward forward to the LA County Board of Supervisors on November 12. The Long Beach City Council will also vote on November 12.”
Garcia and Hahn will bring this request up to their city council board meeting on Tuesday.
By: Jocelyn Torralba