City Offices and Services
City of Long Beach offices and services will adhere to the following schedule on Thursday, Nov. 28, and Friday, Nov. 29. City Hall re-opens on Monday, Dec. 2.
Closed on Thursday, Nov. 28, and Friday, Nov. 29:
- Animal Care Services and spcaLA (Animal Control Officers are available to respond to calls for service)
- Long Beach/Signal Hill WorkPlace
- Center for Working Families
- City Hall
- Citizen Police Complaint Commission
- Code Enforcement services
- Energy Resources
- Fire Headquarters, Support Services, Fire Prevention, & Operations, including Marine Safety Administration
- Health Department and Health facilities
- Housing Authority
- Neighborhood Resource Center
- Pacific Gateway Workforce Investment Center
- Park offices and community park facilities
- Police administration
- Street Sweeping
- Swimming pools
- Towing and Lien Sales
- Water Department (Water or Sewer Emergencies: 562.570.2390)
Open on Thursday, Nov. 28, and Friday, Nov. 29:
- Fire Stations and Lifeguard Stations
- El Dorado Regional Park
- Main Police Station Front Desk
- Marina offices (Alamitos Bay Marina, Shoreline Marina, Rainbow Harbor)
- Refuse and Recycling Collection
- Gas Services Dispatch is open 24/7 for emergency calls 562.570.2140
Closed on Thursday, Nov. 28, and OPEN on Friday, Nov. 29:
- El Dorado Nature Center
- Belmont Plaza Pool
- King Park Pool
- Silverado Park Pool
There will be no scheduled street sweeping or enforcement of street sweeping violations on Thursday, Nov. 28, and Friday, Nov. 29. Street sweeping will resume its regular schedule on Monday, Dec. 2.
All parking meters will be enforced on Friday, Nov. 29. Read your parking meter: Parking meters will be enforced on Thursday, Nov. 28, unless the meter states “Exempt on Holidays.” The days and hours of enforcement are displayed inside the meters. Red, white and blue curbs are always enforced, even on holidays.
Trash and Recycling will be collected as scheduled on Thursday, Nov. 28, and Friday, Nov. 29.
Towing and Lien Sales
The Towing Operations & Vehicle Storage Facility that is located at 3111 E. Willow Street between Temple Avenue and Redondo Avenue will be closed on Thursday, Nov. 28, and open for business as usual on Friday, Nov. 29. Normal business hours are:
- Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Closed Sunday and holidays
Vehicles and property are available for release outside of the hours listed above for an additional fee. More information can be found online.
All Long Beach Public Libraries will be closed on Thursday, Nov. 28, and Friday, Nov. 29. All libraries will be open on Saturday, Nov. 30. Bay Shore and Michelle Obama Neighborhood Libraries will be closed on Sunday, Dec. 1. All Libraries are closed on Mondays, per their normal schedule, and will reopen on Tuesday, Dec. 3. (The library catalog, downloads, and databases are available 24/7.)
Media inquiries can be directed to Kevin Lee, Chief Public Affairs Officer, at 562.570.6811 or Kevin.Lee@longbeach.gov.