City of Long Beach Christmas 2019 and New Year’s 2020 Holiday Closures
City of Long Beach offices and services will adhere to the following schedule on Wednesday, Dec. 25, 2019, and Wednesday, Jan. 1, 2020.
Please be advised that street sweeping and parking enforcement crews will be working on Christmas Eve, Dec. 24, and New Year’s Eve, Dec. 31. Street sweeping and other parking citations will be issued as per usual. There is no holiday exemption for those days.
Closed on Wednesday, Dec. 25 and Wednesday, Jan. 1:
• Animal Care Services and spcaLA (Animal Control Officers are available to respond to calls for service)
• Long Beach/Signal Hill WorkPlace
• Center for Working Families
• City Hall
• Citizen Police Complaint Commission
• Code Enforcement services
• El Dorado Nature Center
• Energy Resources
• Fire Headquarters, Support Services, Fire Prevention, & Operations, including Marine Safety Administration
• Harbor Department
• Health Department and Health facilities
• Housing Authority
• Marina offices (Alamitos Bay Marina, Shoreline Marina, Rainbow Harbor)
• Neighborhood Resource Center
• Pacific Gateway Workforce Investment Center
• Park offices and community park facilities
• Police administration
• Street Sweeping
• Swimming pools
• Towing and Lien Sales
• Water Department
Open on Wednesday, Dec. 25 and Wednesday, Jan. 1:
• Disaster Preparedness and Emergency Communications
• Fire Stations and Lifeguard Stations
• Main Police Station Front Desk
• Gas Services Dispatch is open 24/7 for emergency calls: 562.570.2140
• Water/Sewer Dispatch is open 24/7 for emergency calls: 562.570.2390
Closed on Wednesday, Dec. 25, but open on Wednesday, Jan. 1:
• El Dorado Regional Park
There will be no scheduled street sweeping or enforcement of street sweeping violations on Wednesday, Dec. 25, or Wednesday, Jan. 1; services for those days will not be rescheduled. Street sweeping will resume its regular schedule on Thursday, Dec. 26 following Christmas Day, and on Thursday, Jan. 2, following New Year’s Day. Be advised that street sweeping will occur as scheduled on Christmas Eve, Dec. 24, and New Year’s Eve, Dec. 31.
Read your parking meter: Parking meters will be enforced on Wednesday, Dec. 25, and Wednesday, Jan. 1, unless the meter states “Exempt on Holidays.” The days and hours of enforcement are displayed inside the meters. Red, white and blue curbs are always enforced, even on holidays. All meters will be enforced on Christmas Eve, Dec. 24, and New Year’s Eve, Dec. 31.
Trash and Recycling collection services will not occur on Wednesday, Dec. 25, or Wednesday, Jan. 1. As a result, collection will be delayed one day for residents each of these weeks. Monday and Tuesday collection will occur as usual. Friday service will be collected on Saturday.
Towing and Lien Sales
The Towing Operations & Vehicle Storage Facility that is located at 3111 E. Willow Street between Temple Avenue and Redondo Avenue will be closed on Wednesday, Dec. 25 and Wednesday, Jan. 1. Normal business hours are:
• Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
• Saturdays, 8.00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
• Closed Sunday and holidays
Vehicles and property are available for release outside of the hours listed above for an additional fee. More information can be found online.
All Long Beach Public Libraries will be open on Saturday, Dec. 21, and Saturday, Dec. 28. Libraries will close at 5 p.m. on Christmas Eve, Dec. 24 and New Year’s Eve Dec. 31. Bay Shore and Michelle Obama Neighborhood Libraries will be closed on Sunday, Dec. 29. All Libraries will be closed on Wednesday, Dec. 25, and on Wednesday, Jan. 1, in observance of Christmas Day and New Year’s Day. All libraries will reopen on Thursday, Dec. 26, and on Thursday, Jan. 2. (The library catalog, downloads, and databases are available 24/7.)