By the Numbers (Long Beach only):
- 256 positive results, including approximately 87* cases where people have recovered.
- Three more deaths have been reported, bringing the total to six. The three new fatalities, one man and two women, were all in their 80s with underlying health conditions.
- Positive cases confirmed at long-term care facilities in the City will only be posted at: longbeach.gov/COVID19 under COVID-19 Updates, Facilities With Reported Cases and will not be included in this update. The City is not publicly reporting the number of cases at long-term care facilities, as the numbers may be constantly changing throughout this health emergency.
*Please note that, for low-risk patients recovering at home, recovery data is self-reported. The City will update this number to the best of its ability, but can only provide an approximate total.
Tracking the Curve:
- A City analyst has been assigned to work on data to allow the Health Department’s Communicable Disease Control Program (CDCP) to focus on outbreak response. The analyst will work with CDCP to launch a new data dashboard this week. Thanks for bearing with us as we continue to work on giving you the best, and most complete, data possible.
- On April 6, the City of Long Beach launched a Rapid Assessment Clinic to provide medical assistance to people who might otherwise feel compelled to visit an emergency room for their medical conditions.
Safer at Home Order:
- Two Health Orders are in effect requiring individuals with COVID-19 to self-isolate, and those at risk to self-quarantine (4/01)
- Latest version of “Safer at Home” Order (3/28)
- Enforcement of Health Order flyer (effective 3/19)
Past Press Releases:
- To view past COVID-19-related press releases, visit the City Press Release Archive. Releases include information about economic relief, help for people experiencing homelessness and updates regarding City operations.
Joint Information Center:
- The Joint Information Center remains open during normal business hours, seven days a week: 562.570.NEWS (6397), firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important Public Safety Announcements:
- The City urges people to remain calm. Follow @LongBeachCity on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and visit longbeach.gov/COVID19 for guidance. Sign up for Alert Long Beach to receive emergency notifications.
- Long Beach Police and Fire Departments remain fully committed to the ongoing City efforts to ensure the safety and health of its community members. The City is working to supply every public safety professional responding to calls for service with personal protective equipment (PPE) to ensure the safety of both first responders and the public.
- The Long Beach Board of Water Commissioners approved enforcement of the City’s March 28 Health Order to, as a last resort, shut off water service to non-essential businesses operating in violation of the health order.
Who To Call & Additional Resources:
- Up-To-Date Local Information on COVID-19: longbeach.gov/COVID19 and @LongBeachCity on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Highlights can be found using the hashtag #COVID19LongBeach.
- Media Inquiries: 562.570.NEWS (6397) or email@example.com
- Business Information Line (normal business hours): 562.570.4BIZ (4249)
- Public Information Line (normal business hours): 562.570.INFO (4636)
- Health Providers:
- Normal hours: 562.570.4302
- After hours emergency only: 562.500.5537
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: cdc.gov/COVID19
- Ready.gov: ready.gov/pandemic
- Port of Long Beach COVID-19 information: https://polb.com/business/covid-19-information/#covid-19-overview