COVID-19 City Update: 8.24
By the Numbers (Long Beach only):
- 10,147 total positive results
- 131 new cases since Friday
- Seven-day positivity rate (updated M/W/F): 8.0%
- 203 fatalities
- 80 people hospitalized
- Approximately 9,030 recovered (Please note that, for low-risk patients recovering at home, recovery data is self-reported)
- 176,884 total tests conducted
- Information as of August 22
Details Regarding Fatalities:
- 133 are associated with long-term care facilities (LTCF)
- 2 were in their 20s
- 4 were in their 40s
- 17 were in their 50s
- 48 were in their 60s
- 47 were in their 70s
- 55 were in their 80s
- 30 were over 90
- 89 female, 114 male
- 132 individuals had underlying health conditions; an investigation is underway for one individual, a male in his 70s, as it is unknown whether they had underlying conditions.
- Mayor Robert Garcia and Health and Human Services Communicable Disease Controller and COVID-19 Surveillance Lead Emily Holman will deliver updates today at 3 p.m. The briefing will be livestreamed on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram @LongBeachCity and on YouTube @LongBeachCityCA.
- With high temperatures continued, the activation of air-conditioned cooling centers have been extended throughout the city through Friday.
Long-Term Care Facility Case Information:
- A total of 1,347 positive cases have been confirmed at LTCFs in the city since the start of the pandemic (see attachment).
Tracking the Curve:
- For the most up-to-date information, visit longbeach.gov/COVID19data (see attachment for today’s snapshot).