By the Numbers (Long Beach only):
- 11,843 total positive results
- 82 new cases since Friday
- Seven-day positivity rate: 3.8%
- 6.7 daily new cases per 100K population
- 245 fatalities
- 44 people hospitalized
- Approximately 11,053 recovered (Please note that, for low-risk patients recovering at home, recovery data is self-reported)
- 218,493 total tests conducted
- Information as of September 26
State Indicators (Updated on Tuesdays):
- Current LA County Tier: Tier 1 (Widespread)
- Seven-day positivity rate: 2.8%
- 7.0 daily new cases per 100K population
Details Regarding Fatalities:
- 153 are associated with long-term care facilities (LTCF)
- 2 were in their 20s
- 5 were in their 40s
- 23 were in their 50s
- 57 were in their 60s
- 57 were in their 70s
- 67 were in their 80s
- 34 were over 90
- 103 female, 142 male
- 244 individuals had underlying health conditions
- A discrepancy in the case rate data for Long Beach was discovered on the City’s dashboard. Previously, the dashboard was presenting Long Beach numbers from the date seven days prior to the dates being used by L.A. County. This issue has since been resolved to reflect the same date range being used by L.A. County.
- The Health Department, along with California State University, Long Beach (CSULB) officials, is investigating an outbreak of approximately 20 cases associated with individuals, many who are CSULB students living on and off campus and tied to multiple social gatherings or parties. The Health Department is conducting mass testing on campus today to identify additional cases and is working with CSULB officials to conduct case follow-up and contact tracing. The campus has been closed to in-person instruction and activities at the recommendation of the Health Officer and on-campus students have been quarantined pending further investigation.
- The Long Beach Open Streets Initiative continues to provide COVID-19 support for local businesses. Beginning Friday, Sept. 25, Pine Avenue between 4th and 5th Streets closed to vehicular traffic to accommodate a second Pine Avenue Open Streets location.
Long-Term Care Facility Case Information:
- A total of1,476 positive cases have been confirmed at LTCFs in the city since the start of the pandemic (see attachment).
Tracking the Curve:
- For the most up-to-date information, visit longbeach.gov/COVID19data (see attachment for today’s snapshot).