By the Numbers (Long Beach only):
- 14,330 total positive results
- 318 new cases since Thursday
- Seven-day positivity rate: 4.3%
- 12.9 daily new cases per 100K population
- 266 fatalities
- 40 people hospitalized
- Approximately 13,187 recovered (Please note that, for low-risk patients recovering at home, recovery data is self-reported)
- 292,843 total tests conducted
- Information as of November 14
State Indicators (Updated on Tuesdays*):
- Current LA County Tier: Purple Tier (Widespread)
- Seven-day positivity rate: 5.3%
- 13.7 daily new cases per 100K population
- Testing positivity in lowest-resourced areas (health equity metric): 6.5%
*Today’s data reflects the latest numbers provided by the State on Monday, Nov. 16.
Details Regarding Fatalities:
- 156 are associated with long-term care facilities (LTCF)
- 2 were in their 20s
- 1 were in their 30s
- 6 were in their 40s
- 24 were in their 50s
- 63 were in their 60s
- 62 were in their 70s
- 74 were in their 80s
- 34 were over 90
- 111 female, 155 male
- 3 individuals had no known underlying health conditions
- The City has issued an updated Health Order. The changes are effective as of 12:01 a.m. Friday, Nov. 13, and are in alignment with the State and County of Los Angeles guidelines.
- A public-facing Police Department employee assigned to South Division has tested positive for COVID-19. The employee, who is not a Long Beach resident, was last at work on Nov. 7. They are now isolating at home.
- Long Beach is offering free combination flu and COVID-19 tests at City-run testing locations to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 and keep the community safe during flu season.
- For the tenth consecutive year, the City of Long Beach has been named a Top 10 Digital City by the Center for Digital Government, surpassing numerous other cities in a national survey that spotlights municipalities who align their technology with city goals.
Long-Term Care Facility Case Information:
- A total of1,496 positive cases have been confirmed at LTCFs in the city since the start of the pandemic (see attachment).
Tracking the Curve:
- For the most up-to-date information, visit longbeach.gov/COVID19data (see attachment for today’s snapshot).