By the Numbers (Long Beach only):
- 30,600 total positive results
- 2,881 new cases since last update (Dec. 23)
- Seven-day positivity rate: 14.6%
- 128.3 seven-day case rate per 100K population
- 358 fatalities
- 192 Long Beach residents hospitalized with COVID-19
- 482 total COVID-19 hospitalizations in area hospitals (Long Beach Memorial Hospital, St. Mary Medical Center, College Medical Center, Lakewood Regional Medical Center and Los Alamitos Medical Center)
- Approximately 21,578 recovered (Please note that, for low-risk patients recovering at home, recovery data is self-reported)
- 477,219 total tests conducted
- Information as of Dec. 26
State Indicators (Updated on 12/22/20):
- Current LA County Tier: Purple Tier (Widespread)
- Seven-day positivity rate: 14.3%
- 53.0 daily new cases per 100K population
- Testing positivity in lowest-resourced areas (health equity metric): 20.3%
Details Regarding Fatalities:
- 182 are associated with long-term care facilities (LTCF)
- 2 were in their 20s
- 3 were in their 30s
- 9 were in their 40s
- 36 were in their 50s
- 75 were in their 60s
- 84 were in their 70s
- 103 were in their 80s
- 46 were over 90
- 154 female, 204 male
- 4 individuals had no known underlying health conditions
- 2 individuals had unknown underlying health conditions
- Over the past two weeks, the daily average number of deaths increased by 168%. COVID-19 was associated with 14% of all deaths among Long Beach residents from Dec. 13 through Dec. 19, with this number expected to increase as death certificates are registered. The week prior, 21% of all deaths in the city were associated with COVID-19.
- Four public-facing Parks, Recreation and Marine Department employees have tested positive for COVID-19, including:
- An employee assigned to the Marine Bureau, who is not a Long Beach resident. They were last at work on Dec. 18 and are now recovering at home.
- An employee assigned to Animal Care Services, who is a Long Beach resident. They were last at work on Dec. 18 and are now recovering at home.
- An employee assigned to the Marine Bureau, who is not a Long Beach resident. They were last at work on Dec. 19 and are now recovering at home.
- An employee assigned to the Marine Bureau, who is not a Long Beach resident. They were last at work on Dec. 23 and are now recovering at home.
- Long Beach continues to conduct a record number of COVID-19 tests; 10,626 tests were administered from Dec. 23 to Dec. 27 at City-run sites.
- Long Beach City Health Officer, Dr. Anissa Davis, ordered all coastal swimming areas in Long Beach to temporarily close for water contact due to a sewage spill.
- Long Beach City Health Officer, Dr. Anissa Davis, has issued a rain advisory for recreational beaches and bays in the City of Long Beach following the rain experienced over the past 24 hours.
- The Mobile Recess Program is closed today due to weather conditions. For more information about this and other programs for youth, call 562.570.3150 or visit longbeach.gov/parks.
Long-Term Care Facility Case Information:
- A total of2,238 positive cases have been confirmed at LTCFs in the city since the start of the pandemic (see attachment).
Tracking the Curve:
- For the most up-to-date information, visit longbeach.gov/COVID19data (see attachment for today’s snapshot).