COVID-19 City Update: 02.12
By the Numbers (Long Beach only):
- 50,196 total positive results
- 124 new cases since yesterday
- Seven-day positivity rate: 7.2%
- 33.6 seven-day case rate per 100K population
- 768 fatalities
- 236 Long Beach residents hospitalized with COVID-19
- 222 total COVID-19 hospitalizations in area hospitals (Long Beach Memorial Hospital, St. Mary Medical Center, College Medical Center, Lakewood Regional Medical Center and Los Alamitos Medical Center)
- Approximately 45,963 recovered (Please note that, for low-risk patients recovering at home, recovery data is self-reported)
- 687,952 total tests conducted
- Information as of Feb. 11
State Indicators (Updated on 2/10/21):
- Current LA County Tier: Purple Tier (Widespread)
- Seven-day positivity rate: 9.5%
- 31.7 adjusted daily new cases per 100K population
- Testing positivity in lowest-resourced areas (health equity metric): 13.0%
Details Regarding Fatalities:
- 303 are associated with long-term care facilities (LTCF)
- 5 were in their 20s
- 20 were in their 30s
- 31 were in their 40s
- 79 were in their 50stryi
- 164 were in their 60s
- 171 were in their 70s
- 207 were in their 80s
- 91 were over 90
- 325 female, 443 male
- 19 individuals had no known underlying health conditions
- 31 individuals had unknown underlying health conditions
- As part of the City of Long Beach’s ongoing effort to provide COVID-19 support to local businesses, installation has begun for an Atlantic Avenue Open Streets location, located between East Claiborne Drive and East Armando Drive, offering outdoor space for businesses to utilize for dining and other approved services.
- A public-facing Police Department employee assigned to West Division has tested positive for COVID-19. The employee, who is not a resident of Long Beach, was last at work on Feb. 8. They are now recovering at home.
Long-Term Care Facility Case Information:
- A total of 3,320 positive cases have been confirmed at LTCFs in the city since the start of the pandemic (see attachment).
Tracking the Curve:
- For the most up-to-date information, visit longbeach.gov/COVID19data (see attachment for today’s snapshot).
You must be logged in to post a comment.