LONG BEACH, CA – On June 17 at 8:23 a.m., Long Beach Fire Department responded to the 3900 block of Allin street in Belmont Shore where they observed smoke and fire coming from the second and third floor of the apartment complex.
In a video provided to us by @lbcode3media, firefighters can be seen turning away from the fire on a balcony due to what is believed to be fireworks beginning to explode in the fire on the second floor.
LBFD was able to extinguish the fire which overtook two apartments; damages are unknown at this time.
It’s also being reported that two firefighters suffered minor burns while fighting the blaze and were transported to a local hospital.
Investigation into the incident is ongoing.