Update: Major Power Outage Downtown Long Beach
SCE is working to restore power in downtown Long Beach. At 10:00 am, power will be temporarily shut down in a large area of Long Beach. The temporary outage will impact Cherry to the East, Willow to the North, 710 to the West, and Shoreline to the South.
· The temporary shut down should last 30 minutes or less.
· SCE will be testing the underground system in the area this morning, and outages may be experienced during this testing. This is very similar to resetting a circuit breaker at your home; it must be turned off and then turned on again.
· During that time, please stay out of elevators.
· Traffic signals may not function; please approach intersections with caution. Please treat traffic lights as a four way stop.
· Pedestrians please exercise caution.
· After the conclusion of the temporary outage, power should be restored to the majority of the affected area.
· SCE is working to isolate the incidents to reduce the number of impacted residents and businesses and begin repairs.
· The situation remains fluid, and updates will be provided. Please follow @LongBeachCity and @SCE on Twitter. #lbpwrout #LBLN
You must be logged in to post a comment.