RELIGIOUS LEADERS HOST PEACE CONFERENCE TO EASE RACIAL-POLITICAL TENSIONS, RECENT VIOLENT ATTACKS
Long Beach, CA
On May 1, 2017 starting at 6:30pm, HWPL: Heavenly Culture, World Peace, Restoration of Light — an international non-profit will be hosting the We Are One: Advancing the Voice of Peace conference at The Grand at 4101 E Willow St, in Long Beach.
With over 70 branches in Korea and 100 branches around the world, HWPL, in conjunction with the International Women’s Peace group (IWPG) and the International Peace Youth Group (IPYG), is actively working to establish concrete resolutions for a world of peace and the cessation of war.
Among faith leaders in attendance will be:
● Ambassador of the Sikh Dharma Bhai Sahib Satpal Singh Khalsa
● Secretary General of the Islamic Circle of North America Waqas Syed
● Board of Directors Member at Claremont Lincoln University Dr. Harvinder
● CaoDai Distinguished Dignitary Reverend Hum Dac Bui
● CaoDai Distinguished Dignitary Reverend Hong Dang Bui
● Archbishop of the Catholic Anglican Church of Venezuela Enrique Albornoz
● Archbishop of the Anglican Church of Argentina Juan Carlos Urquhart de Barros
Other expected attendees include political leaders across Southern California, university professors, student groups, and more.
The organization states, “2016-2017 has brought more polarization than ever, with unending violence in the news, ugly political rhetoric, growing tensions between already divided communities, and more attacks on religious groups. There is a greater need to provide a space for peaceful dialogue, and religious leaders across different faiths are coming together to offer a tangible path to finding peace in a world addicted to darkness.”