COVID-19 City Update – 4.27
By the Numbers (Long Beach only):
- 582 total positive results
- 31 fatalities
- 50 people hospitalized
- Approximately 343 recovered (Please note that, for low-risk patients recovering at home, recovery data is self-reported.)
Details Regarding Fatalities
- All had underlying health conditions
- 25 are associated with long-term care facilities
- Three individuals were in their 50s, six were in their 60s, three were in their 70s and 19 were over 80 years old
- 15 individuals were men and 16 were women
- At this time, to avoid risk to patient privacy, no further details will be provided
Long Term Care Facility Case Information
- 177 of the positive cases have been confirmed at a total of 16 long-term care facilities in Long Beach, which includes facilities with active cases, cleared cases and fatalities. These cases include both facility residents and staff members (who may not be Long Beach residents).
- In line with the California Department of Public Health’s standard for listing skilled nursing facilities with positive cases among health care workers (HCW) and residents, the City is listing facilities currently experiencing outbreaks (of at least 2 cases of COVID-19) along with counts for HCWs and residents in the table below. In keeping with state de-identification guidelines, values of less than 11 are not specifically provided (shown as <11).
|Facility||Licensed Capacity||Sum of Residents Testing Positive||Sum of Staff Testing Positive|
|Alamitos Belmont Rehabilitation||94||0||<11|
|Broadway by the Sea||95||43||27|
|Long Beach Healthcare Center||150||17||<11|
|Pacific Palms Healthcare||112||<11||14|
|Palmcrest Grand Assisted Living||160||<11||<11|
|Royal Care Skilled Nursing Center||86||11||<11|
Note: The above list is not intended to suggest neglect or wrongdoing on the part of the facility.
Tracking the Curve:
- Today’s information regarding positive cases, hospitalizations, and demographic breakdown is available online at longbeach.gov/COVID19 and in the City’s data dashboard (attached), providing the most up-to-date information available.
- At 3 p.m. today, there will be a news briefing with Mayor Garcia, City Health Officer Dr. Anissa Davis and a Spanish-language translator from the Health Department. The briefing will be livestreamed on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram @LongBeachCity.
- Recent events have shown how critical funding is to support hospitals, schools, public transportation, affordable housing and small businesses in order to keep a society working for everyone. Completing the 2020 Census is the easiest way to make sure Long Beach has the resources it needs for the decade ahead.
Safer at Home Order:
- An additional health order further protects older adults (4/15)
- Latest version of“Safer at Home” Order (4/10)
- Two additional Health Orders are in effect requiring individuals with COVID-19 to self-isolate, and those at risk to self-quarantine (4/1)
Past News Releases:
- To view COVID-19-related news releases, visit the City Press Release Archive. Releases include information about economic relief, help for people experiencing homelessness and updates regarding City operations.
Joint Information Center:
- The Joint Information Center (JIC) remains open during normal business hours, seven days a week: 562.570.NEWS (6397) or JIC@longbeach.gov.
Important Public Safety Announcements:
- The City urges people to remain calm. Follow @LongBeachCity on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, and visit longbeach.gov/COVID19 for guidance. Sign up for Alert Long Beach to receive emergency notifications.
- Long Beach Police and Fire Departments remain fully committed to the ongoing City efforts to ensure the safety and health of its community members.
Who To Call & Additional Resources:
- Up-To-Date Local Information on COVID-19: longbeach.gov/COVID19 and @LongBeachCity on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Highlights can be found using the hashtag #COVID19LongBeach.
- Media Inquiries: 562.570.NEWS (6397) or JIC@longbeach.gov
- Business Information Line (normal business hours): 562.570.4BIZ (4249)
- Public Information Line (normal business hours): 562.570.INFO (4636)
- Health Providers:
- Normal hours: 562.570.4302
- After hours emergency only: 562.500.5537
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: cdc.gov/COVID19
- Ready.gov: ready.gov/pandemic
- Port of Long Beach COVID-19 Information: polb.com/business/covid-19-information/#covid-19-overview