By the Numbers (Long Beach only):
- 1,305 total positive results
- 52 fatalities
- 63 people hospitalized
- Approximately 848 recovered (Please note that, for low-risk patients recovering at home, recovery data is self-reported)
- Data snapshot is as of 12:01 a.m. today
Details Regarding Fatalities:
- 41 are associated with long-term care facilities
- One individual in their 40s, three individuals were in their 50s, 10 were in their 60s, eight were in their 70s and 30 were over 80 years old
- 28 individuals were men and 24 were women
- All individuals had underlying health conditions
- At this time, to avoid risk to patient privacy, no further details will be provided
Long-Term Care Facility Case Information:
- 373 positive cases have been confirmed at a total of 23 long-term care facilities in the city since the start of the pandemic (23 is a cumulative number; the Health Department is currently monitoring long-term care facilities with active cases). These cases include both facility residents and staff members (who may not be residents). Long Beach has a total of 93 long-term care facilities.
- In line with the California Department of Public Health’s standard for listing skilled nursing facilities with positive cases, the City is listing facilities currently experiencing outbreaks (more than two cases of COVID-19) including counts for health care workers and residents (see attachment).
Tracking the Curve:
- Today’s information regarding positive cases, hospitalizations, and demographic breakdown is available online at longbeach.gov/COVID19 and in the City’s data dashboard, providing the most up-to-date information available. (see attachment)
- At 3 p.m. today, there will be a news briefing with Mayor Garcia, City Health Officer Dr. Anissa Davis and a Spanish-language translator from the Health Department. The briefing will be livestreamed on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram @LongBeachCity and on YouTube @LongBeachCityCA.
- The City is participating in Governor Newsom’s Great Plates program and is looking for local restaurants and food purveyors to participate.
- As of today, parking enforcement for street sweeping has resumed. This information is also available in Spanish, Khmer and Tagalog.
- Testing Results Update: Please note that most test results will be processed in 7-10 days.
Orders of the Health Officer:
- Latest version of “Safer at Home” Order (5/13)
- Amendments to the Self-Isolation and Quarantine orders requiring individuals with COVID-19 to self-isolate, and those at risk to self-quarantine (5/08)
- An additional health order further protects those living in congregate health facilities (4/15)
Past News Releases:
- To view COVID-19-related news releases, visit the City Press Release Archive. Releases include information about economic relief, help for people experiencing homelessness and updates regarding City operations.
Joint Information Center:
- The Joint Information Center (JIC) remains open during normal business hours, seven days a week: 562.570.NEWS (6397) or email@example.com.
Important Public Safety Announcements:
- The City urges people to remain calm. Follow @LongBeachCity on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, and visit longbeach.gov/COVID19 for guidance. Sign up for Alert Long Beach to receive emergency notifications.
- Long Beach Police and Fire Departments remain fully committed to the ongoing City efforts to ensure the safety and health of its community members.
Who To Call & Additional Resources:
- Up-To-Date Local Information on COVID-19: longbeach.gov/COVID19 and @LongBeachCity on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Highlights can be found using the hashtag #COVID19LongBeach.
- Media Inquiries: 562.570.NEWS (6397) or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Business Information Line (normal business hours): 562.570.4BIZ (4249)
- Public Information Line (normal business hours): 562.570.INFO (4636)
- Health Providers:
- Normal hours: 562.570.4302
- After hours emergency only: 562.500.5537
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: cdc.gov/COVID19
- Ready.gov: ready.gov/pandemic
- Port of Long Beach COVID-19 Information: polb.com/business/covid-19-information/#covid-19-overview