By the Numbers (Long Beach only):
- 11,199 total positive results
- 65 new cases since Friday
- Seven-day positivity rate: 4.1%
- 6.7 daily new cases per 100K population
- 234 fatalities
- 40 people hospitalized
- Approximately 10,389 recovered (Please note that, for low-risk patients recovering at home, recovery data is self-reported)
- 200,839 total tests conducted
- Information as of September 12
- Current LA County Tier: Tier 1 (Widespread)
- Seven-day positivity rate: 4.3%
- 9.6 daily new cases per 100K population
Details Regarding Fatalities:
- 147 are associated with long-term care facilities (LTCF)
- 2 were in their 20s
- 5 were in their 40s
- 21 were in their 50s
- 56 were in their 60s
- 51 were in their 70s
- 66 were in their 80s
- 33 were over 90
- 101 female, 133 male
- 233 individuals had underlying health conditions
- Following the City Council’s approval of the Emergency Rental Assistance Program, the City has begun approving and processing rent payments on behalf of qualified tenants affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The Long Beach Public Library will host a variety of virtual events, called Vida Latina, between September 15 and October 15 as part of Hispanic Heritage month. The series will stream every Tuesday and Saturday on the library’s Facebook page.
- The City has reached tentative labor agreements with the Long Beach Supervisor Employees Association and the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers.
Long-Term Care Facility Case Information:
- A total of1,464 positive cases have been confirmed at LTCFs in the city since the start of the pandemic (see attachment).
Tracking the Curve:
- For the most up-to-date information, visit longbeach.gov/COVID19data (see attachment for today’s snapshot).