By the Numbers (Long Beach only):
- 13,048 total positive results
- 94 new cases since Friday
- Seven-day positivity rate: 3.3%
- 7.2 daily new cases per 100K population
- 255 fatalities
- 55 people hospitalized
- Approximately 12,285 recovered (Please note that, for low-risk patients recovering at home, recovery data is self-reported)
- 256,567 total tests conducted
- Information as of October 24
State Indicators (Updated on Tuesdays):
- Current LA County Tier: Purple Tier (Widespread)
- Seven-day positivity rate: 3.4%
- 7.6 daily new cases per 100K population
- Testing positivity in lowest-resourced areas (health equity metric): 5.9%
Details Regarding Fatalities:
- 156 are associated with long-term care facilities (LTCF)
- 2 were in their 20s
- 6 were in their 40s
- 23 were in their 50s
- 60 were in their 60s
- 59 were in their 70s
- 71 were in their 80s
- 34 were over 90
- 106 female, 149 male
- 254 individuals had underlying health conditions
- Long Beach has updated the health order to allow for the expansion of personal care services, family entertainment centers and private outdoor playgrounds. The changes went into effect at 12:01 a.m. Monday, Oct. 26, and are in alignment with the State and County of Los Angeles guidelines.
- Registered voters now have the option to safely cast ballots in person at more than 30 vote centers throughout Long Beach for the 2020 General Election.
- The City’s Ethics Commission has established a subpool of 23 qualified applicants and randomly selected the first nine commissioners for the Independent Redistricting Commission.
- The City announced the upcoming retirements of Human Resources Director Alejandrina (Alex) Basquez and Finance Director/CFO John Gross.
Long-Term Care Facility Case Information:
- A total of1,482 positive cases have been confirmed at LTCFs in the city since the start of the pandemic (see attachment).
Tracking the Curve:
- For the most up-to-date information, visit longbeach.gov/COVID19data (see attachment for today’s snapshot).