LONG BEACH, CA – In observance of Election Day on Tuesday, Nov. 8, 2022, the City of Long Beach facilities and services listed below will adhere to the following schedules. The Election Day holiday was adopted into practice in 2021 to offer City employees time to exercise their right to vote, if they wish. The holiday is observed as the first Tuesday of every November, after the first of the month, regardless of the election cycle.
Open on Tuesday, Nov. 8, during regular business hours:
- All City parks and trails
- City-operated COVID-19 vaccination site at Long Beach City College Pacific Coast Campus (1305 E. Pacific Coast Highway): 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 4 to 7 p.m.
- Note that all other City-operated vaccination sites will be closed.
- City-operated COVID-19 testing sites at:
- Cabrillo High School (2100-2198 Monitor Ave.), 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 1:30 to 4:30 p.m.
- Long Beach City College PCC (1305 E. Pacific Coast Highway), 9:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 2:30 to 5 p.m.
- Long Beach City College Veterans Stadium (5000 E. Lewis St.), 9:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 2:30 to 5 p.m.
- City-operated Monkeypox vaccination site at Long Beach City College PCC (1305 E. Pacific Coast Highway): 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 4 to 7 p.m.
- City Prosecutors Office
- El Dorado Regional Park
- El Dorado Nature Center
- Fire Stations and Lifeguard Stations
- Long Beach Airport
- Marina offices (Alamitos Bay Marina, Shoreline Marina)
- Main Police Station Front Desk
- Parks, Recreation and Marine programs and community park facilities
- Refuse and Recycling Collection
- Swimming pools
- Gas Services Dispatch (562.570.2140) open 24/7 for emergency calls
- Water/Sewer Dispatch (562.570.2390) open 24/7 for emergency calls
Closed on Tuesday, Nov. 8:
- City-operated COVID-19 testing site at Ramona Park and City-operated mobile clinics
- Public Health Information Line (562.570.7907)
- LB Resource Hotline (562.570.INFO)
- BizCare Hotline (562.570.4BIZ)
- Billie Jean King Main Library, all branch libraries, including library offices (digital resources available 24/7)
- BizCare Pop-Up at Michelle Obama Neighborhood Library
- City Hall
- Citizen Police Complaint Commission
- Building and Safety Services, including inspections, plan reviews and Permit Center
- Code Enforcement services
- Energy Resources offices
- Fire Headquarters, Support Services, Fire Prevention & Operations, including Marine Safety Administration
- Health Department and Health facilities
- Housing Authority
- Long Beach Airport administration offices
- Long Beach Animal Care Services and spcaLA (regularly closed Mondays)
- Neighborhood Resource Center
- Parks, Recreation and Marine offices
- Special Events and Filming offices
- Street sweeping
- Towing and Lien Sales
- Water Department offices
- WorkPlace, Youth Opportunity Center and Pacific Gateway Administrative offices
- Utility Call Center (Gas, Water and Refuse)
City Hall offices and public services will be closed on Tuesday, Nov. 8, including commercial services typically available in the City Hall lobby such as Cashiering/Payment Processing, Utility Customer Service, Billing and Collections, and Parking Citations. The public is encouraged to continue taking advantage of the convenient online resources available on the City of Long Beach website, as well as bill payment options available on the Financial Services website.
There will be no scheduled street sweeping or enforcement of street sweeping violations on Tuesday, Nov. 8. Street sweeping will resume its regular schedule on Wednesday, Nov. 9. Streets with scheduled Tuesday sweeping will be addressed the following week.
Read your parking meter: Citywide parking violations, including parking meters, will be enforced on Tuesday, Nov. 8, unless the meter states “Exempt on Holidays.” The days and hours of enforcement are displayed inside the meters.
Trash and Recycling will be collected as scheduled on Tuesday, Nov. 8.
Towing and Lien Sales
The Towing Operations & Vehicle Storage Facility, located at 3111 E. Willow St. between Temple Avenue and Redondo Avenue, will be closed on Tuesday, Nov. 8. Normal business hours are:
- Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Closed Sunday and holidays.
Vehicles and property are available for release outside of the hours listed above for an additional fee. More information can be found online.
In observance of Election Day, all Library locations and services, including the Library main phone line, will be closed on Tuesday, Nov. 8. Libraries are not open Sundays or Mondays per their normal schedule. Library patrons are encouraged to utilize the Library’s vast collection of digital resources, including the Library catalog, downloads, and databases, available 24/7.