By the Numbers (Long Beach only):
- 12,431 total positive results
- 75 new cases since Friday
- Seven-day positivity rate: 3.3%
- 7.1 daily new cases per 100K population
- 250 fatalities
- 44 people hospitalized
- Approximately 11,667 recovered (Please note that, for low-risk patients recovering at home, recovery data is self-reported)
- 238,872 total tests conducted
- Information as of October 10
State Indicators (Updated on Tuesdays):
- Current LA County Tier: Purple Tier (Widespread)
- Seven-day positivity rate: 2.8%
- 7.4 daily new cases per 100K population
Details Regarding Fatalities:
- 156 are associated with long-term care facilities (LTCF)
- 2 were in their 20s
- 6 were in their 40s
- 23 were in their 50s
- 60 were in their 60s
- 58 were in their 70s
- 67 were in their 80s
- 34 were over 90
- 105 female, 145 male
- 249 individuals had underlying health conditions
- Long Beach is offering free pop-up mobile testing for residents from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. tomorrow, Oct. 13, at Washington Middle School, 1450 Cedar Ave.
- A public-facing Fire Department employee assigned to Fire Station 11 has tested positive for COVID-19. The employee, who is not a Long Beach resident, was last at work on Oct. 5. They are now isolating at home.
Long-Term Care Facility Case Information:
- A total of1,482 positive cases have been confirmed at LTCFs in the city since the start of the pandemic (see attachment).
Tracking the Curve:
- For the most up-to-date information, visit longbeach.gov/COVID19data (see attachment for today’s snapshot).